ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

teracopy: copy your files faster

<< < (13/28) > >>

Curt:
still its inelegantness ( :o ) is something to admire -Grorgy (June 20, 2007, 02:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

"No matches were found for inelegantness".
-My Dictionaries
--- End quote ---
:tellme:

[Edit: Is it "inelegance"-ness?]

Darwin:
Probably just "inelegance" would suffice... but I am pretty fond of making these kind of words up, too - they often just feel/sound "right" at the time and modifying a word like this can highlight/add emphasis to your point. One of the joys of the English language is how plastic it is (and one of the banes of those trying to try learn it as a second language!).

Curt:
On page two I told about Silent Copy, but I also have another FREE one you haven't mentioned yet: TrustCopy from DimaWare.

TrustCopy v1.0 - Intelligent file-copy tool 

TrustCopy will keep trying to copy your file until success !

In case that you need to replace some file, but this file is locked (opened) by some process/user, you don't need any more to try again and again and again.... TrustCopy will do it for you.

--- End quote ---

Curt:
..modifying a word like this can highlight/add emphasis to your point. One of the joys of the English language is how plastic it is (and one of the banes of those trying to try learn it as a second language!). -Darwin (June 20, 2007, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe it is the other way around   :o
You see; we all speak a little English, at least. In my part of the world we are also taught to speak German and a little French, a little Latin, Russian or Spanish. The point being, that we like to fool around with foreighn words to amplify or joke. In fact, I would imagine the Americans to be maybe THE (western) people that are the least able to play with words... Only; we are at an American site, so you wouldn't understand my Danglish joke.

Nighted:
FastCopy has been updated to version 1.55. Using it on my Flash drive now. :Thmbsup:

If I ever need to back up a huge amount of data on another machine again, it's good to know it's waiting there ready to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version