ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

teracopy: copy your files faster

<< < (3/28) > >>

nosh:
I just ran some cursory copy speed benchmarks for Explorer, Teracopy & SuperCopier2.

It's interesting to note that for copying several small files Explorer was the fastest. I'm pretty certain this has something to do with the buffer size Teracopy sets, I suppose it could be tweaked to get better results.

Supercopier was the slowest in both tests but has some functionality (remove files from queue) that Teracopy only has in its Pro version. There is no mention of speed improvement with the Pro version. I'm sticking with Teracopy as it seems to offer the best balance between speed and features.

Darwin:
Hmm... thanks for posting the comparison, Nosh. I'll have to give teracopy a closer look. Of course, if neither it nor SpeedCopier will work with DOpus this is all academic anyway! I still haven't been able to tell if SpeedCopier is doing anything but am indexing 15 GB of pdf's at the moment and don't want to jeopardize that, so will wait 'til it's done before throwing anything major at it (like backing up those pdf's to an external drive for a start)...

edbro:
Darwin,
Teracopy does work with DirOpus. I use it with DirOpus 8. Notice my context menu.

teracopy: copy your files faster

Darwin:
Cool! Between Nosh's mini-comparison and edbro's informative screenshot how can I not take a closer look at Teracopy. Actually, after reading Nosh's earlier post, I uninstalled SpeedCopier and downloaded Teracopy. Haven't installed it yet, though. Right, off to do that (because it's much more interesting than reading about a CT generated 3D model of the Nazlet Khater cranium and mandible, but maybe that's just me...?).

justice:
Interesting to see how this compares with Robocopy. Robocopy, or "Robust File Copy", is a command-line folder replication tool. Available as part of the Windows Resource Kit, and introduced as a standard feature of Windows Vista, Robocopy has always been available free to licensed users of Windows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocopy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version