ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

teracopy: copy your files faster

<< < (16/28) > >>

DesertEagle:
Based on the performance information submitted I did stick to explorer (or the file queue in wincommander) at first for small files, but they do get hung up if any question turns up. Which is annoying when trying to move lots of files over 1 day...
-iphigenie (June 25, 2007, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, TeraCopy currently is optimized for transferring large files, either between disks on the same HDD (using large buffer) or on the different physical HDDs (using asynchronous read/writes). But these routines is useless when copying small files. I'll make a separate routine to handle small files in the future versions.

iphigenie:
In the end I decided that whatever speed increase on small files was more than undone by the number of times the normal copy go stuck, and used teracopy even for the small files.

vivy:
is DesertEagle from codesector?

lanux128:
yes he is.. it's there on his profile.. :)

mwb1100:
I'm a little hesitant to post this since there are apparently some problems with Code Sector's product support. But some people seem to like TeraCopy, so for those who might want to take the plunge, there's a 40% discount on Code Sector's products (including TeraCopy Pro) until 26 Dec 2007.  There seems to be 2 codes that work right now - maybe one will last longer than the posted expiration.

Coupon code: Christmas

or

Coupon code: CSD-40D

http://www.codesector.com/buy.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version