ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor - License file

<< < (4/5) > >>

mouser:
uwe you are quite right that it is confusing and i should change it somewhat.
as you say, without a license it says "freeware; renewal in 365 days (i think)" (or something like that)
with freeware downloaded license it says "freeware license; renewal needed in 180 days"

which seems quite confusing, like the license made it worse!
but as stefan said the thing that the freeware license does is remove the nag pop up on the bottom right - which i the only annoyance of the program that starts in 10 days if you don't have a license.

it would be more accurate probably for the program to start out saying
"donation reminder license"
and then when you apply freeware license it should say
"freeware license; renewal in 180 days"

i will change this in the new versions or make it something similar.

uwe:

it would be more accurate probably for the program to start out saying
"donation reminder license"
and then when you apply freeware license it should say
"freeware license; renewal in 180 days"

i will change this in the new versions or make it something similar.
-mouser (September 14, 2005, 07:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes would be more accurate and not so confusing - thanks.
BTW: I am still happy with your software  ;)

rrtwister:
I love the donationware idea. However ther is one part I wold like for you to think about. A lot of effort goes into these programs, the website, forum and such. I would like to see the reminder pop up every 30 days or after the 1st of the month, every month, if a donation was not made. After all, the site is called DonationCoder. I think that it would not be a real problem for people to get a new key, or show a little appreciation and donate a couple of dollars. Mouser, Skrommel and the others posting thier work here do it for the love of it, so those that love the programs should donate, the others should just get a new key every month.

Just my 2 cents worth.

mouser:
thanks uwe and rrtwister -
i think needing to get a new key every month would be excessive - as it is, every 6 months might be already too annoying.

rrtwister:
Being slightly annoying for a person to use for free was kinda my point (in a polite kind of way). After all, if they only donated a small amount once they would get a key that would remove nag screens permanently for all of the programs. I just view a monthly reminder of what you are getting for free as an "encouragement" to help support the ones that are doing the work. After all, giving so much of yourself fo nothing is actually costing you.

Thanks for all you do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version