ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Appget - user-run software update program

<< < (6/8) > >>

TrueSatan:
I'll add that the Secunia product senses additional drives and not yet installed downloads showing that these are possibilities that could be added to AppGet...all in all however it is an excellent product and I thank the author for his hard work as well as look forward to new versions with the suggested improvements mentioned in this topic.

J-Mac:
Downloaded and installed.  Great application!

Thanks jozy!

Jim

Darwin:
Still haven't tried this - will download and do so now. Neglected to mention in my earlier post (it was quite brief!) that I didn't keep Secunia around for long. It kept botherin me to uninstall no longer developed/supported software and there was no way to disable it from running in the system tray other than to kill it via Task Manager.

Curt:
Darwin, your post confused me. I have Secunia running ("Secunia PSI is monitoring your software"), and I also have 1 'end-of-life' program installed. Secunia will tell me when I ask it, but it has never been "botherin me to uninstall".

Darwin:
Well... maybe I got a little carried away  :-[ When installed, Secunia does as you say - it tells me after a scan that I've got "end-of-life" software installed and suggests that I uninstall it. The biggie for me is having it in the tray with no way to turn it off. I really don't see the point of having it run all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version