ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Appget - user-run software update program

<< < (4/8) > >>

Curt:
Also, it would be nice if you could tell Appget that it doesn't HAVE to use the Dutch Google ...

jozydapozy:
And another release:

* I've worked on the "version recognition algorithm" and I think it's quite improved now. Let me know how many applications are still not recognized.

* the google-thing: Ooops. ;) The dutch google links are now replaced by google.com (which will redirect to your own language, depending on your google-preferences).
You can download the latest version [0.6.8] here

Curt:
Wow!  Yes!  -again! This is really getting somewhere!
 - this Appget is on the way to become awesome!

And I really like the server response; nice motivating feature!

* There still are some minor items:
The "Latest version" of SUPER is actually older than the one I already have
- the problem may be that SUPER versions are named by Year / Version / Month / Date / Year !!

Appget failed to determine the installed version of Windows Media Player 11 other than as version 11 ?! ("not yet checked")- and named latest version 9.00.36.36   

And the suggested update of DivX Web Player to latest version 1.4.0 is in fact still Beta 1
- you will need to have a policy on Beta versions.

Josha, would you consider adding "Copy" (marked line / text) to the right-click context menu?

Curt:
Speaking of Beta versions: Microsoft  have launched .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2.

Curt:
I forgot to mention that I still have 29 undetermined programs
- (some of the executing files have very strange names):

Appget - user-run software update program

- when pointed to the right exe   Karen Kenworthy's very old (updated Dec 13, 2001) Version Browser v3.1 determined 12 of these 29. The source code is free.  http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptbrowse.asp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version