ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Humorous, perhaps informative, article on forum trolls

(1/4) > >>

KenR:
I hope you enjoy this article about "forum trolls" as much as I did. In fact, I think it explained a few, or at least one, individual(s) I know.

The troll comes to the door of a new forum and sets down his bag of tricks. If he has a grudge against the people inside discussing and debating their passions with a certain degree of amicability, peacability and decorum, he does not show them. He has the cracked, stoic smile of Robin Goodfellow, a Puck with the simple desire to disrupt peace itself. He loves chaos; his bag is full of golden apples he can lob to set the masses squabbling. He has also many masks, smoke bombs, straw men, cloaks, puppets, matches, ethanol, knives, dust, sand, and magicks of the most arcane sort. He knows what he is about - causing trouble. Why?...

--- End quote ---

http://www.drewspeak.com/?p=53

Darwin:
Now how did I miss this last week? Oh... I was stuck in a hotel room in Vancouver. Anyway, thanks for the link, Ken. Very interesting and, as you say, sheds some light on one or two characters that I've encountered on these and other forums... :Thmbsup:

Eóin:
I hope this comic isn't inappropriate, I think sums up frustration towards trolls quite well.

Humorous, perhaps informative, article on forum trolls

mouser:
lol  ;D

Darwin:
Incidentally, am I the only one who's NOT gone through a troll-ing stage? Must be an indicator of my age relative to Drew (the author of the piece that Ken pointed us to) as when I was an angry teenager the internet was years in the future and by the time I started frequenting on-line fora and newsgroups, etc. I was in my <ahem, cough> very late 20's. I was still pretty pissed off at that point, but mellowing nicely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version