ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 2.0.0.4 released

<< < (4/4)

Lashiec:
downloading now.. :up: wonder what extensions will end up not working and forcing me to edit the max version by hand.. :)
-lanux128 (May 31, 2007, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's a poor coding job on the extensions' creator part. It's as simple as 2.0.0.*. Why do they want to tie up an extension to an specific build is beyond my comprehension, as the API don't change between point updates. So silly...

lanux128:
i've been running Fx 2.0.0.4 for a couple of hours now and so far everything has been smooth and i *only* had to edit two of the extensions to work with the new version.. :Thmbsup:

AndyM:
had to edit two of the extensions to work with the new version..
-lanux128 (May 31, 2007, 09:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mr. Tech Local Install (extension) adds a choice to the extension manager's right click menu to override version incompatibility, making it unnecessary to edit old extensions.

lanux128:
this setting can also be enabled via about:config with an entry called "extensions.checkCompatibility" but i prefer manual editing as it is more useful when determining which extensions are not updated by default.. :)

more info here..

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Updating_extensions

Grorgy:
finally home for weekend and this computer didnt like tha java extension?? either (i thought it was a plug in but no matter) the nightly tester tools fixed it with a restart of firefox after telling it to make all compatible

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version