ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 2.0.0.4 released

(1/4) > >>

cthorpe:
From CyberNet News

Firefox 2.0.0.4 released today.  You can get it through the links on CyberNet News (they are links to mozilla's load balancing servers, so it's legit).

CyberNet is reporting that
117 bugs that have been fixed in Firefox 2.0.0.4, of which 24 caused crashes, 2 were memory leaks, 18 were regressions, 2 were privacy-related bugs and 12 were security-sensitive. So, as always, the upgrade is highly recommended.
--- End quote ---

Carl

Josh:
12 security fixes? Hmmm, this is starting to sound like IE. Is it just me? I bet if opera got the same amount of exposure as either of these two, we would see the same thing. This just proves that no application is "more secure" than any other.

Renegade:
12 security fixes? Hmmm, this is starting to sound like IE. Is it just me? I bet if opera got the same amount of exposure as either of these two, we would see the same thing. This just proves that no application is "more secure" than any other.
-Josh (May 30, 2007, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

A-f'n-men!

Same goes for the Windows vs. Mac/OSX thing.

The whole "more secure" thing is really getting old. Especially when we know better.

Darwin:
-Josh (May 30, 2007, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

A-f'n-men!

Same goes for the Windows vs. Mac/OSX thing.

The whole "more secure" thing is really getting old. Especially when we know better.
-Renegade (May 30, 2007, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've ranted and raved about this kind of thinking elsewhere and am only going to say "here, here" or is it "hear, hear"? Anyway, I completely agree!

Darwin:
On a different note altogether - I'm running FF 2.0.0.3 and it's not picking up the update... Guess I'll have to do it manually. Ah, just read this at the link Carl pointed us to:

The Firefox homepage has not been updated with the new versions yet so I have put together two downloaders for each of the new versions. The downloaders below use Mozilla’s load balancing techniques to distribute the downloads across their mirrors, so you don’t have to worry about hammering their servers.
--- End quote ---

Thanks Carl!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version