Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 31, 2014, 02:29:48 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: AutoHotkey- alternative?  (Read 11102 times)
mahesh2k
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 30, 2007, 09:36:07 AM »

AHK can be only used on windows.Is there any alternative which is as easy as AHK and is cross platform?

I mean as ahk is so easy that any non coding person can start to code in few weeks.What u think?is there any chance that ahk becomes cross platform.

OGroeger
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:49:59 PM »

Funny that you mention ahk as easy to learn, even for non coding persons. I am a coding person and it took me ages to write an ahk script. AFAIR it has a "new" and an "old" syntax, which was confusing, and it's parser was very sensible to whitespaces in the code. If you feel ahk easy to learn, you can definitely move without a problem to any other language.  You should take into account: java, python, perl, javascript, even c/c++, maybe c# (Mono) and a lot of others.

On the other hands side, the recording and replay stuff of ahk is suberb.
arunpawar
Participant

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 06:06:16 AM »

AHK is good do u know can we embed AHK with C++ builder or delphi?
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 12:12:36 PM »

AHK is good do u know can we embed AHK with C++ builder or delphi?
Unfortunatelly, i think not arunpawar Sad
But autoit is pretty similar and from what i can understand, it can be used with other languages.

mahesh2k
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 04:56:31 AM »

Is it possible to check the system time with ahk,then create a todo list to pop up everyday when we reboot out computer?

is there any function to check that new date for the system then popout the new todo task for that day? and open that task everyday as msg box when we reboot our system.
OGroeger
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 07:23:20 AM »

Should be not problem. Autohotkey has a builtin variable containing the current time, it can create popups, and you can start the autohotkey script from the startup folder. This means the popup is shown as soon as an user logs in. Where does the data (todo list) come from and how do you manage that data? Maybe an application like ToDoList does the job, too?
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 07:59:48 AM »

mahesh2k: wouldn't that be a bit of overkill?
I mean, there probably are tons of apps out there that already do that.

mahesh2k
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 06:18:52 AM »

Thats not overkill as i'm using it for my personal purpose i'll add some more to it.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 08:23:04 AM »

Right, then it makes sense cheesy

Here's and interesting thread about a todo list in ahk Wink

mahesh2k
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »

Thanks i was expecting to use XML or text file instead of using the UI interface.Is there any chane of loading the messages from the Text r XML,i'm stucj in the documentation of AHK  mad

Anyway thanks i'll try as per AHK todo list then will try to use XML.i dont know how balloon tip works etc.
sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 07:10:44 AM »

Perhaps you all find AHK to be easy, but I didn't. For non-programming minds like mine, Macro Express is great.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0 ]