topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Pocket PC utility that allows price comparison for groceries/toys/gadgets?  (Read 5786 times)

cnbingham

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Folks,

I'm looking for a simple price comparison utility that I can use to keep track of the best prices for consumables.  For example, the lowest price for milk was $2.39 at Market Basket 8 months ago.  The sale in today's newspaper has it for $2.49--not the best deal ever. 

If it was incorporated into a shopping list application, that'd be cool, but not absolutely necessary. 

Any ideas?

Thanx,
Curtis

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Do the latest pocket pc's still come with Pocket Excel?

I would just make a spreadsheet in that with all the stores,dates, items, and prices.

You could make seperate ones for groceries, toys, etc.

You didn't specify what OS and CPU your pocket pc has. (mine has WinCE 3.0, pocket pc 2000, SH3 cpu, as an example) What would be a good solution might run on one pocket pc but not another.

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
Kinda of in the same area of what you're asking is a phone service called Frucall which lets you call an 800#, enter the UPC code, and then get the best prices available online.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
this is a great idea.. i seem to remember there are shopping list type programs that include some of this functionality, so keep looking until you find a program to do what you say and let us know.  i really think this is a great idea, and if no free tool exists for this maybe someone here can make it.

Mark0

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mark's home
    • Donate to Member
Combine that with the ability to read the barcode pointing the webcam (if a Smartphone is used)... it could be pretty interesting.