ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Answer in another area?

(1/2) > >>

rjbull:
Mouser,

Is it possible with this software to quote/answer a posting in another area?

e.g., knowing that Stefan uses both cron and Stickies, I wondered how the two fit together, when he would use one rather than the other.  That's a new topic that doesn't fit in the "Donation value to developers" thread, which is where the Stickies message is.

mouser:
well you can just copy and paste, or i could move his post here, but i think he'll see it here and answer, so i dont think you need to do anything more.

would be nice to hear what everyone uses for alarms and cron stuff.

AbteriX:
well you can just copy and paste, or i could move his post here, but i think he'll see it here and answer, so i dont think you need to do anything more.-mouser (September 08, 2005, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
YES, i got you  :)

would be nice to hear what everyone uses for alarms and cron stuff.
--- End quote ---
same here, therefore => https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=874.new

-----
rjbull wrote:
> Stefan uses both cron and Stickies, I wondered how the two fit together, when he would use one rather than the other.

What do you mean, rjbull ?
I playing around always and test several tools all the way.
If i had to do a work and must start an tool or batch i like to use cron.
If i want to be remember on an given time or in several minutes (or store an notice) i use stickies. (or ATNotes, or UK's Kalender or EPIM)

rjbull:
> Stefan uses both cron and Stickies, I wondered how the two fit together, when he would use one rather than the other.

What do you mean, rjbull ?
I playing around always and test several tools all the way.
If i had to do a work and must start an tool or batch i like to use cron.
If i want to be remember on an given time or in several minutes (or store an notice) i use stickies. (or ATNotes, or UK's Kalender or EPIM)
-Stefan (September 09, 2005, 03:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's exactly how I use them  :D  Just interested to see if there were any tricks I'd missed!  Except, I'm currently using Magic Notes, which is shareware, mostly because I got a cheap deal.  Not sure if I'll "stick" :) with it indefinitely.

Veign:
Check out Note-It . I am always taking suggestions for improvements.  Has some features not found in any other post-it like application..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version