ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Form Letter Machine

Additional Templates

(1/1)

J-Mac:
Hi Mouser et al.

I just downloaded and installed the Form Letter Machine.  It's a great idea and packaged in a nice compact application.  I do have a couple pf requests, however.  (Don't I always?!)

* I mistakenly presumed that the program came with a number of pre-written paragraphs.  Templates, if you will, in a variety of standard subjects.  I know that some other similar applications come with a lot of such templates.  (For an example, see Blitz Document at http://www.blitz-doc.com)  Are there more templates available on DonationCoder.com?  Or is the one included template meant as a guide for creating our own?

* Assuming that the included MS Word template is the only one available, would it be possible to assign a page where users/DC members could upload templates that are fairly generic for other users to download?  Kind of a Form Letter Machine Template Repository?

* Where can I find some study/learning resources for scripting as is necessary to create my own form letter templates?  I am definitely NOT very adept at code writing, even for relatively simple scripts, though I am an extremely fast learner.  It would be beneficial to me if you or someone could point me toward a website where I could read up on whatever language it is that uses the coding required for creating Form Letter Templates.  Or is the Form Letter Machine designed only for those who are more experienced in this coding?  (If so, then maybe you could note that on your programs that require more knowledge than the average idiot like me has in our repertoire!!)

Thank you.

Jim

mouser:
great questions.

first, as you guessed, the form letter machine comes with no templates other than the sample one.
it's currently made really for people who have their own special types of letters/emails that they write, rather than using present ones.

i think it would be a great idea to share useful templates.  we can do so simply by sharing the form letter data files and posting them on the forum here.

as for creating new templates, it's easy.  The Form Letter Machine calls a "template" a "Configuration Tree", so just go to File -> New Blank Configuration tree from the main menu, and create a new template and save it.  no programming required.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version