ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Seeking opinions about combination antivirus/firewall products

<< < (9/13) > >>

Curt:
A virtual solution still might be a better solution.  ;)
(...)
BufferZone has a FREE version for the Internet browser and the email client.
The BufferZone PRO version is on offer at $30. -Curt (July 12, 2007, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

... - the virtual world is quite new to me - but I did try BufferZone, and for the ease of use I would prefer PRO over FREE. -Curt (July 13, 2007, 04:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

BufferZone PRO is the GiveAwayOfTheDay today, Friday 24'th of August 2007

--

Edit: Remember to register at http://www.trustware.com/_cyber/store/giveaway.php

Edit2:
The GiveAway offer is reflected if you want to upgrade to the supported version: 50% rebate!

BufferZone Pro offer:

Lusher:
Already have it. :)

Curt:
- and do you like it? Anything special to remember?

Lusher:
- and do you like it? Anything special to remember?

(see attachment in previous post)
-Curt (August 24, 2007, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Conflict of interest , so I prefer not to comment.

Darwin:
PCMag has just reviewed to BitDefender Total Security 2008. The review is very comprehensive and concludes:

BitDefender Total Security 2008 is a clear improvement over last year's model, even if you just consider the features present in both. Antispam accuracy is way up, the firewall is tougher, and BD is more effective against spyware. In addition, you now get a full-featured local backup module as well as a first attempt at a performance tune-up module, all wrapped in a completely updated, friendly user interface. If you have an allergy to Norton and ZoneAlarm, this is a worthwhile alternative.
--- End quote ---

Having skimmed the review, I wouldn't call it a rave, but it (the suite) comes across as very solid and dependable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version