ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Seeking opinions about combination antivirus/firewall products

<< < (4/13) > >>

Armando:
Thanks Curt!
I'll have a look at it.

Plasma Man:
KAV v6.0 has turned out to be rather good. In advanced mode it offers a feature that intercepts registry entries (could be a bit annoying for general use). It also has much improved live scanning of downloads, SSL connections and email. The first releases of v6.0 did have a number of bugs which seem to have been ironed out now. My basic reason for using KAV is that I work at lot with multimedia content so I need something that is relatively light weight in the CPU dept. easy to turn off/on and efficient.

Look n Stop http://www.looknstop.com/En/index2.htm has been my FW of choice since it was first released. I've looked at a few others but I like this the best. It's small, does it's job well and has an effective rule set. You might need to take some time and learn about how to make best use of the settings but it's well worth the effort.

Andre

Armando:
Thanks Andre.

Funny because I'm actually considering Kaspersky again. After all the problems I ran into (testing all the other solutions), I realize KAV isn't that bad!  :-[  And it really seems like it's the lightest of all (I'm talking about its memory footprint and "CPU consumption").

I'll have a look at... Look n Stop. It might be just what I'm looking for -- in combination with NOD32.

KenR:
Eset (NOD32 developers) have one malware + firewall they are now publicly beta testing. I downloaded and tried it. It looks good and I think will eventually will be the product of choice. I was having too many problems with the beta though, so I took it back off my machine. I've been using Comodo, which I have come to hate because of the never ending questions about access permission that never ever stop no matter how many times you tell it an app is ok.

Ken

Grorgy:
I went with Kaspersky internet suite because of its reported excellence in all the antivirus tests and I really didnt want to hassle about getting more than 1 thing, so i took it all, seems to have all the options anybody would need.  I have a router to which says it has a firewall so i dont know, i feel safe, sort of lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version