ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Seeking opinions about combination antivirus/firewall products

<< < (6/13) > >>

Grorgy:
Gizmo had some stuff on this recently

At this site they test all the major firewalls using leak-tests. Now outbound leak-testing is only one criterion for assessing firewall performance indeed some would argue that inbound protection is more important. My view is that both are important as are user friendliness, resource usage, software compatibility and resistance to termination by hostile agents. That said Comodo, Jetico and ZoneAlarm Pro top he list while the Microsoft XP SP2 firewall get the wooden spoon. ZoneAlarm free was another notable poor performer.
http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/leak-tests-results.php

Interestingly, and perhaps not surprising, most of the suites dont do so well, with the exception of Kaspersky and Ghost  Anyway gives you more to look at and to think about before parting with the hard earned $$$$s

Mark0:
BitDefender surely have some interesting features...  :D

Armando:
BitDefender surely have some interesting features...  :D
-Mark0 (July 17, 2007, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh my.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

laughinglizard:
Nowif I go back to NOD32, I won't have any spy ware detector or firewall. This is where I need some opinions...
--- End quote ---

Nod has been expanding its repertoire quite a bit.
Gizmo has it listed as one of the best all in one type programs that is paid software.
I've been running it for some time now, with the Windows Firewall as the only other security program.
On the other hand, I am behind a router.

Nod doesn't seem to make my system take any performance hits or slow it down.
I've tried several other firewalls, zero day programs and anti-virus at one time or another, and NOD is the one that performs the best so far.
Kaspersky really slowed my system down.

This is what NOD has in its structure at the moment:

C:\Users\islanddreams\Documents\nod.JPG

Armando:
NOD32 certainly has a good reputation. But you're talking about NOD32 the AV, not about the new ESET (beta) suite... Right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version