ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR V2 hyper-alpha - alias fiends available to test?

(1/6) > >>

mouser:
So i'm finally making a big move to use multiple alias files (in xml format) instead of one big one.

This has been discussed before and it has some giant advantages in terms of sharing and updating alias files.

Alias files are autodiscovered on startup, from 2 directories, one for readonly alias files designed to be replaced on update, and one for user alias files (by default the user has just one custom editable alias file where they can put their custom aliases).

So now someone can post a special alias file called "Yahoo Alias Set" with a bunch of aliases for yahoo stuff, and users can "install" it simply by copying the file to their alias subdirectory.

I hope this will make sharing aliases really easy and fun.

I've also added the ability to specify a default icon to show for an alias, plus the ability to specify a custom icon for every result in an alias, which should make for some pretty alias sets (just put the aliases used by an alias in a subdirectory along with the alias file, which is in xml format by the way).

NOW:

I've written code that should on first run detect all your existing custom aliases and save them to the new custom alias file.
But because of this dramatic change in the way things work, i really want to get some pro testers who use aliases and custom aliases (and might be interested in making some custom alias sets for sharing), in case i messed something up.

I'm putting this special test up somewhere and request you email me ([email protected]) or message me on the forum for the download; don't use this unless you really want to test this version, and PLEASE backup your farr config files first!

nitrix-ud:
I would love to get this Hyper Alpha !

Cheers, Nitrix

lanux128:
I would love to get this Hyper Alpha !-nitrix-ud (May 25, 2007, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
count me in too, mouser! :Thmbsup:

Josh:
mouser must not be responding to pm's as I sent him one a few days ago now :(

lanux128:
probably he's busy preparing the test downloads.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version