ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How do you auto-forward all IMAP mail?

(1/3) > >>

app103:
I have a group of IMAP email accounts. (4 of them to be exact)

How would I go about getting the new mail from all of them and forwarding it all to another email address so I can have everything in one inbox? (gmail)

The service I have my IMAP accounts with does not offer any type of automatic forwarding. Gmail doesn't offer automatic retrieval for IMAP, only POP.

I don't care if I have to run something to download the mail and then upload it again, as long as it can be done automatically, so I never have to go manually check those accounts ever again.

I want to be able to consolidate everything into one mailbox instead of logging into so many or using webmail + an email client to get all my mail. I would prefer to just use one gmail webmail account. I already have things set up in gmail to be able to reply and send mail as these IMAP accounts' email addresses. The only thing left is to be able to get the mail into my gmail inbox.

Does anybody have any creative ideas on how to go about doing this?

JeffK:
app103, do you need a free solution?

app103:
Yes, free is all I can afford right now.  :-[

Grorgy:
While ive never tried to do it, if you used thunderbird with the webmmail extension http://webmail.mozdev.org/index.html (this lets you download from these: Currently Yahoo, Hotmail, Lycos (Europe), MailDotCom, Gmail, Libero, and AOL domains are supported.

Then you could get thunderbird to send them back out using the appropriate IMAP account to gmail.

Worth a try perhaps

Grorgy:
and its all free  ;) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version