ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Archive Tool

New Tool - CompreXX

(1/1)

imtrobin:
Hi great review on the archivers,

I just found this tool on the winzip slashdot article a few days ago, I think it's a winner over winrar. Why? This archive allows you to explore archives as they were folders (much like winxp zip folder). I was asking for such a tool in another thread, now I found it

http://www.comprexx.com/

Now, mouser, can you please  contact the author to get discount for members before my trial runs out :)

mouser:
comprexx looks quite nice actually.

nudone:
i've been tempted to try CompreXX on a couple of occasions before - but i've always ended up uninstalling it.

maybe i'm just not the user it is aimed at - it looks good on paper but i find it slower and more intrusive to the way it want to work, more than WinRar, at least.

zridling:
I did try it and it was for lack of a better word, junk. The installation process was protracted, it installed enormous amounts of content to the Registry (746 entries!), and once up, its features were limited. I also couldn't figure out the website very well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version