ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Custom Help menu - any options?

(1/1)

222fbj:
I often wish there was (in every Windows Menu) a 'MyHelp' menu item that would allow me to put in my own shortcuts for links to 'my' help or project info files.    These are typically local documents (html or a text/note tool files) that have additional 'how I did it' notes, or project notes.

I remember Barnacle - but never used it - is that a good option for this?   Maybe a (tiny) macro tool? so I could press some key combo, or click a tray icon - and a list of my links for the active application would pop up?    Any other ideas?
thanks

Nighted:
I may not be totally sure what it is you want, but you could give Stickies a try. It has a feature that lets you attach notes to a specific window, so they appear only when that window is opened.

222fbj:
Thanks for the link.

What I'd like is a way to add my menu itemss/links to the HELP menu of any application.   I assume that is not possible.... and so would like suggestions for alternative tools to do something similar.
I may end up just creating my own note or html page with a list of my apps, and the links I want to include for each app.

Barrett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version