ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Fix ReDownload of Incomplete Downloads

<< < (3/5) > >>

kfitting:
I'm pretty sure resuming a download was an option decided by the server.... not the client downloading.  Therefore, certain files may not resume because the person setting up the server has not allowed resume and no amount of code on the client's machine will correct that.

Kevin

Carol Haynes:
Out of curiosity, having never heard of it before, I downloaded Maxthon and quite like it (even though I had stopped using Internet Explorer).

Not everything in IE works in Maxthon, but GetRight certainly does, and RoboForm works fine.

It is even donation ware which should bring some smiles here ;)

See http://www.maxthon.com/

Review here http://www.winplanet.com/article/2567-.htm

Veign:
I'm pretty sure resuming a download was an option decided by the server.... not the client downloading.  Therefore, certain files may not resume because the person setting up the server has not allowed resume and no amount of code on the client's machine will correct that.

Kevin
-kfitting (September 08, 2005, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

It may be something that can be prevented but the HTTP spec is what allows the partial retrieval of data.

Veign:
right and downloaders let you do things like say "download all the mp3s on this page", one after the other.
and even when you have a fast connection, the server might not.
-mouser (September 08, 2005, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting.  Not something I would need but something I see some users needing. 

I haven't tried GetRight in many years but I have to assume they have been changing with the times.  Meaning: Implementing more features geared towards broadband while still keeping the features and functionailty of their base application.

skywalka:
Hi guys.

I use GetRight already.  Not all files on the web R allowed 2 B downloaded with a download manager.  So U have 2 use the regular download method.

I suppose clearing the cache is the easiest short term fix.

Thanx.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version