ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Free Acronis TrueImage for Seagate/Maxtor HDD owners

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
As an alternative I am currently trying DriveImage Xml, I've made images but I haven't restored from them yet.
-justice (May 23, 2007, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

justice
Is that difficult to use ?

or maybe I should ask do you think would it be user friendly for non-experts  :)

justice:
Well I think it's about as hard to use as partition magic, you need to realise what you are doing because it is a powerful program, but when you do (read through the help file) you can get things done easy enough. I have never used similar tools (although I am a software junkie) I was able to use DriveImage without any problems.

lanux128:
i think the software comes with Seagate's "smart storage" solution (aka external hard-disk with casing) that has this one-touch backup function.. i read this in a magazine sometime ago.. i'll see if i can get an online version of the article..

Lashiec:
So they updated their software line. DiscWizard is a fine program, but it was getting old, with no support for SATA drives. They also changed the developing company, Acronis is a good choice.

I have three Seagate HDDs (two brand new) so I'm not doing something illegal :)

OMG! 100 MB!

mikiem:
Paragon Software makes some really excellent backup programs which work at a lower level, similar to Norton Ghost & Maxtor/Seagate software, copying the actual disk structure. The difference is you work painlessly inside Windows, & if you create discs, restoring the backup is self-contained on the discs & fast.

Besides trials, you might find free versions available for download -- I 1st heard of Paragon taking advantage of a free download at some EU magazine site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version