topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: AcroLiminator  (Read 8263 times)

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
AcroLiminator
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:46 AM »
Hey all,
 Yeah, I know the name sucks, as does the icon, but im new.  The program simply replaces acroynms, with the full word there used to represent.  Some words may cause clashing conflict, but overall it works.  I have a beta tester, whos tested it, and says it indeed does work, I have also done a little testing myself.  I guess this program could be nifty for professional conversations where you wanna cut down on the acronyms and sound more professional, I just had the idea, and decided to make it.  The program currently contains a whopping amount of 377 acronyms, all hand typed. But ofcourse I didn't think up all the acroynms, I must thank www.webacronyms.com and http://www.ucandoit.org.uk with many of the acroynms.  Well I guess thats it, please post any errors you have, and let me know what you think.

Description - AcroLiminator, does exactly what its name says, for example when you type btw the word will change into by the way.  It currently doesn't contain a full list of acronyms it contains but I plan to add that soon enough.  You will know the script is running by noticing a yellow smiley face in your programs toolbar, when you roll over it the dialog box Acroliminator.exe will show.  Hope thats enough :).
-- Walt
R.I.P Terry Winstel, you were a musician, a hero, and a well loved man.  But above all, you were my dad. Forever in my heart 1953-2009.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 08:30 AM by Loki15 »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: AcroLiminator
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 08:03 AM »
how about a screenshot, Walt? a simple description also would be nice.. :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 08:05 AM »
actually it's a cool name, and a cool idea :)
might be nice to have an option to replace them with the full text OR with "full text (ORIGINALACRONYM)"

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 08:16 AM »
Actually, theres really no screenshots to be tooken, this is just a simple script. I also understand that may have sounded rude, but I did not mean it in a rude way. :)  Mouser I like the idea, as I learn, I might implement that idea, thank you :).

Edit: I'll add the desciption after my shower. :)
R.I.P Terry Winstel, you were a musician, a hero, and a well loved man.  But above all, you were my dad. Forever in my heart 1953-2009.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 08:31 AM by Loki15 »

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 03:17 PM »
Mouser, I am now working on your idea.. its gonna take a good amount of time, so hopefully I'll have the new version up soon.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:58 PM »
no offense taken, Loki.. i thought your script had an interface for adding user-defined acroynms as well but this is good anyway.. :)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 07:44 AM »
btw, i use Autohotkey as a text expander, especially this script called Wikipedia Auto-correct which i had modified a bit for my own use.. check out this script here..

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 04:43 PM »
lanux, I like the idea of being to able to add your own acronyms, I may think of that in the future. :)

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 04:44 PM »
Uh oh, since thats already out, I think I'll scratch this product..  :( :mad:

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 07:20 AM »
Uh oh, since thats already out, I think I'll scratch this product..
whoa Loki! i gave that link to be used as a reference only.. your acronym expander is much appreciated and i am sure will find a place among DC users.. :)

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 07:22 AM »
Yeah, but im not a fan of making a program that does the same thing as another one, but I guess I will try it again. :)