ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is The Bat! e-mail app better than Mozilla Thunderbird (or other e-mail app)

<< < (3/5) > >>

rjbull:
The problem is, it doesn't make any effort to re-wrap the text if you
edit something. So, you're left with a huge gap after any edited lines or super long lines, because it only wraps when you type the 80th charactor.
-Hirudin (May 29, 2007, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

In the days of Fidonet, that was known as "shark's teeth formatting"   :)

I discovered TheBat!'s Alt-L trick early on.  I had to...

aignes:
The Alt+L trick is one of the least known essential tricks in thebat;
--- End quote ---

Another "unknown" trick is Alt+Click onto the name (or subject) in the e-mail list to show all mails with the same name (or subject).

I use it every day, could not live without it...

masu:
thanks
I didn't know about this trick!!  :Thmbsup:

Hirudin:
LOL, I feel better that so so many other people didn't know of that hotkey... Wish I found out before full-on switching to Thunderbird, after using it for only about 1 week. I've moved e-mail accounts to TB Thunderbird that I never moved to TheBat!, even after more than a year of use.

biox:
Thanks for the Alt+... tricks. I didn't have a clue. Probably because I didn't need it. :-\

But a serious question now. Before I start, I've contacted The Bat! and Bitdefender, both couldn't be a***d to reply. :mad:

How do I get BD (AV scan only, newest version, paid for) to scan incoming and outgoing mail in The Bat? It scans everything else, even that childish 'reach a mail' that I use on the thumb drive out of space reasons (Thunder 20 MB, reach...2.5MB). In a weak moment of insanity I even tried it with OE....and fruiting h**l it scanned the mail.

I've tried the so called plug ins that I could find on the internet (most are very old and consist of a dll) but nothing worked, of course.  :(

Oh forgot: Win XP SP2, all updates, real too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version