I hope 'someone' will answer Jim's questions about today's The Bat!'s handling of Unicode, genuine HTML, and MAPI, because when I tried The Bat! a couple of years ago I merely thought it was some silly crap, because of the lack of these international must-haves.
I was using Outlook 2003 for four years and was very happy with it. When I recieved this unstable XP machine, Office 2003 was one of the things I had to say goodbye to. So I tried out Thunderbird. At first I was a little disappointed, but after scanning the addons site, I have managed to set up the finest email client I can think of - especially ThunderBrowse is impressive! Of course you may know of something even better, but I don't. Thunderbird with these addons meets most of my wishes, I am merely missing two or three features from my Outlook 2003 - which of course also had a lot of addons.
Applikation: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (2008021305)
Operativsystem: WINNT (x86-msvc)
Totalt antal elementer: 11
- Extension List Dumper 1.12.0 email@example.com http://sogame.awardspace.com/
Dumper en liste over alle installerede udvidelser.
- Extension Manager Extended 2.6.2 Extended@spanglerco.com http://extended.spanglerco.com/
Use the extension manager to view the id and the folder of an extension.
- ReminderFox 1.6.2
Viser og administrerer påmindelser og opgaver
- Search for Sender 1.0 firstname.lastname@example.org http://tech.einaregi...s/search-for-sender/
Searches for messages from the sender of the selected message
- Sender Verification Extension 0.9.0.1
Protects you from phishing with SPF and DomainKeys.
- Stationery 0.4.8
Extension to mimic Outlook Express Stationery.
- Talkback 18.104.22.168 email@example.com http://talkback.mozilla.org/
Sends information about program crashes to Mozilla.
- TB Properties 0.5
Shows the image and link properties for Thunderbird
- ThunderBrowse 3.2.1 ThunderBrowse@thunderbrowse.com http://thunderbrowse.com/
Adds a url bar so you can ThunderBrowse websites through Thunderbird easily
- United States English Dictionary 3.0 en-US@dictionaries.addons.mozilla.org http://www.blogzilla.info/spellchecker/
English United States (en-US) spellchecking dictionary
So, will today's The Bat! handle Unicode, genuine HTML and MAPI ?