ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Increasing Notebook PC Volume

<< < (3/4) > >>

Darwin:
Interesting - thanks for the link, I'm off to test it.
-Darwin (May 30, 2007, 12:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
I just paid for it.  I think you get an very small break additional if you buy it after you download the trial.

Vincent
-Kruskal (May 30, 2007, 12:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes - it *looks* like you get an additional 10% off. I haven't installed it yet (went to be - it's now just about 7 am here), but am going to test fly it today.

Kruskal:
I have reported the following bugs/problems:

1- There is a very strange problem with the WebEQ program icon.  It displays as a blank at both Explorer sizes, although it looks fine in the change icon dialog and in the system tray.

2- You can't have it open minimized to the System Tray.

3- Should have a larger range than +-10db.

Vincent

Darwin:
Hmmm... Interesting - it works with XMPlay no problem (with or without DFX processing the output) but in every other player I've tried if it is processing the sound my speakers crackle, regardless of whether or not it is the eq, bass boost, or both that is activated AND regardless of whether I am using one of the presets or have all of the sliders zeroed. Weird. So far I've tried WMP 11, iTunes, MusicMixerIP Premium and GOMPlayer (hadn't realised how nice an mp3 player GOMPlayer is until this morning). I tried all of them both with and without their respective equalizers (or equalizer plug-ins - DFX in WMP) enabled and disabled. Didn't make a difference.

Right, time to do some research on this - help manual and FAQ!

Kruskal:
Hmmm... Interesting - it works with XMPlay no problem (with or without DFX processing the output) but in every other player I've tried if it is processing the sound my speakers crackle, regardless of whether or not it is the eq, bass boost, or both that is activated AND regardless of whether I am using one of the presets or have all of the sliders zeroed. Weird. So far I've tried WMP 11, iTunes, MusicMixerIP Premium and GOMPlayer (hadn't realised how nice an mp3 player GOMPlayer is until this morning). I tried all of them both with and without their respective equalizers (or equalizer plug-ins - DFX in WMP) enabled and disabled. Didn't make a difference.

Right, time to do some research on this - help manual and FAQ!
-Darwin (May 30, 2007, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Is it OK when the Equalize button is OFF?

I heard a lot of distortion with iTunes (Rock) at my Maximum setting, but it was fine at the Rock setting.  I AM using my notebook internal speakers, so it is quite a different situation then you have.

Vincent

Darwin:
Hi Vincent - I'm running a Gateway Centrino notebook and the above was experienced using the onboard soundcard and the system speakers. What's weird is that I've just attached my Creative USB soundcard and the static is gone, regardless of the media player that I use. Funny that ONLY XMPlay gives good, clear sound when both it and WebEQ are running through the onboard sound/built in speakers.

Is it OK when the Equalize button is OFF?...I heard a lot of distortion with iTunes (Rock) at my Maximum setting, but it was fine at the Rock setting.
--- End quote ---

If the equalizer button is OFF everything is fine (but note that if the bass boost is ON, and the equalizer is OFF, the problem is there). I played around with all of the presets and it didn't make any difference. Anyway, I've contacted the developer and await his/her response. I'll report back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version