ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

musicIP (as a player): wow

<< < (8/10) > >>

urlwolf:
Try this:

http://blog.musicip.com/2007/04/09/mixer-18-preview-constraints/

Basically, the most powerful music search engine available to date.

PS: I agree, vorbis is the best lossy format, and I have converted my lossless format to ogg for my portable. I may have around 20gb of ogg alone.

urlwolf:
hmm, the more I play with musicIP, the more I like it. But as a player, it has many minor usability issues (that I'm reporting in their forum).

It feels like they may care only about getting good mixes -which is probably a very good goal-... but the player is really close to beating everything else out there! If only they put some more development time into the interface...

For example:

adding a new column to the playlist view will reset my carefully resized column witdth for exisiting columns. that should not happen.

Many central features have to be activated using the command line (e.g., replaygain!)

The tagging is really slow, and the editing screen is an usability blasphemy where one has to aim at checkboxes.

Normal things like making enter click the default button in a dialog box don't happen at all (example: box accepting artist corrections).

There are no way of 'accepting all years' in the 'tag fix' dialog... one has to click all suggestions one by one... doh!

Lashiec:
Many central features have to be activated using the command line (e.g., replaygain!)
-urlwolf (June 01, 2007, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is retarded.

The tagging is really slow, and the editing screen is an usability blasphemy where one has to aim at checkboxes.
-urlwolf (June 01, 2007, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

This changes depending on the format. For example, Vorbis tend to be slower than most, because the format by design doesn't implement a padding block. But if it also happens with FLAC or MP3, maybe they should think in using a external library, there are some OSS options that are quite good.

Keep reporting these things, this is getting interesting. May I suggest you to do a mini review?

justice:
http://www.musicip.com/mixer/index.jsp version 1.8 is available.

urlwolf:
1.8.1 beta fixes the problem with replaygain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version