ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Music player

(1/3) > >>

Avrora:
I came across the problem that winamp doesnt play some CD tracks and i have to use another programm to open music files. Advice please some universal music player.

cmpm:
I think the Nero software that comes with dvd and cd burners will play anything.

I have Nero 6.

nite_monkey:
video lan's vlc mediaplayer, plays a ton of file types
videolan website

Grorgy:
i've found winamp tends to just give up on me whatever i file types i use, it works ok foor a while, then for no apparent reason it just start scrolling thru the playlist without actually playing anything, a reinstall seems to fix it for a bit, but its really frustrating, so i've given up on it, my ears arent capable of telling a great deal of difference between any of the players so i just move on, I use media monkey now, mainly because i find the management side of it really easy to use

Nighted:
I have no problems with Winamp. If you replace the default mp3 decoder in Winamp with the MAD plugin the sound improvement is incredible. however, you may not notice this on a cheap set of computer speakers.

The only reason Winamp would scroll aimlessly through its playlist is if the path to the files has been altered in some way or the files moved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version