ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

PutAside: declutter and cycle through windows

(1/6) > >>

justice:
Make sure you update to the latest version of DcUpdater if you have it installed. It includes fixes nessecary for PutAside to update.

Sometimes you'll want to put aside what you are working on to complete an important task. But the taskbar is such a mess!

So I created PutAside. Run the program and press Shift-ScrollLock and all open windows are hidden, you can then work on your tempory task. Cycle through the hidden windows with ScrollLock. Press Shift-ScrollLock again and all hidden windows are restored. You can exclude windows.

PutAside is a combination between alt-tab, Show Desktop, a boss-key, and virtual desktops. I've always found virtual desktops to be too complex: I can never remember what is on the other desktops. I never used bosskeys, and with show desktop/alt-tab the taskbar is so cluttered. PutAside is then a middle way to temporarily hide windows without making them inaccessible.

Feedback welcome!

--- ---CHANGELOG:
v1.12
        * Updated DcUpdater and compiled PutAside without executable compression. (no more false positives)

v1.11
* Fixed updater

v1.10
* Added readme
* Added DcUpdater code - check for and install updates using
this terrific tool (https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/Updater/index.html)

v1.01
* Fixed preferences dialogue crash as reported by cemole and proposed fix by lanux128

Download Page

AndyM:
I'm assuming your .rar file includes a tiny .ahk file and a larger .exe file, as this is often the case when people post their utilities here.

All I care about is the 1-2k .ahk file, so if it was available separately, I'd download it without a second thought.  With a slow dial-up (some of us are still stuck in the 20th century), I think twice about a 200k file.

lanux128:
nice work.. it can also double up as a boss key app.. :)

Grorgy:
 :o ohh me oh my, it hid everything, even my cursor lol had to restart oh well

lanux128:
it works fine but these two things could be added.. :)

• an exception list so that it doesn't hide programs like LaunchBar Commander.
• an enable/disable option to suspend hiding of windows until by demand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version