ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

PutAside: declutter and cycle through windows

<< < (5/6) > >>

justice:
Thanks all, I've now updated the release at the top. :) (and added your names to the about section).
I actually stopped using the program on vista, but now back on XP am running it again.
Hopefully I'll have some time soon to spend a few more hours on this program.
So if any of you are still using it and have suggestions then feel free :)

lanux128:
glad to be of help, cemole and thanks for the gesture justice.. 8)

justice:
release v1.11 - AUG 20 2007
Updated PutAside to add support for mouser's DcUpdater tool. DcUpdater is a program for Microsoft Windows (95% of the code is cross platform and may be ported to linux/mac), that can check for and install updates for software.

PutAside now asks DcUpdater on every start to check for new versions. I might change how often and add options to disable checking if desired.

From the DcUpdater help file:
Nothing happens behind your back, and you can see exactly what files are being retrieved from where, including access to a complete activity log.

· Full control over checking and installing - you can do all installation manually if you prefer, or let the program do it.

· One program to check for updates for lots of software.

· Easily visit program websites, and get more information about each program.

--- End quote ---

mouser:
Updated PutAside to add support for mouser's DcUpdater tool.
--- End quote ---

coooooool   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Armando:
I'm a bit late here but... I really like it Justice.  :up: Great Idea, and a much much better implementation than the other "minimizing to the taskbar" (or event to the tray) solutions. I like the fact that I can use alt tab to cycle through a few important windows, and still EASILY access the others use Shift+Scroll Lk to access the other secondary ones. Cool!  8)

PS. I'm wondering if transforming it into a full fledged alt tab (errr...it would be a "shift+Scroll"!) would make it even more usefull : one would be able see all the  icons/titles of the hidden windows at once, and cycling through them would be easier, maybe? instead of directly cycling through the opened windows one after the other....??? Dunno...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version