ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

PutAside: declutter and cycle through windows

<< < (3/6) > >>

justice:
Yes I guess it's a combination between alt-tab, Show Desktop, a boss-key, and virtual desktops :)

I've always found virtual desktops to be too complex: I can never remember what is on the other desktops. I never used bosskeys, and with show desktop/alt-tab the taskbar is so cluttered.

PutAside is then a middle way to temporarily hide windows without making them inaccessible.

alexk7110:
At work I am currently using SweptAway ( found at lifehacker http://lifehacker.com/software/downloads/lifehacker-code-swept-away-windows-255055.php ), a program that automatically minimizes all windows that are not used for a specific time eg. 5mins.
I find your app quite interesting in that it uses the system tray and it's on demand. I will be using it at home since my distractions are far less and since it uses a unique shortcut ( I use a flood of shortcuts and this one is definitely not taken..). Good job on a great idea and a solid build ( no obvious hick ups, works as advertised).

justice:
Right I am confident that it is ready for a big version!

NEW in PutAside May 2007:
* Squashed a few remaining bugs in the cycling routine
* Fixed the situation where the last restored window in some cases was not activated (not topmost)
* Customizable Hotkeys via a nice preferences window

Possibly in a future release:
* Some kind of autoupdate mechanism.. Possibly via Software Update
* Nice trayicon
* bugreports via program

Download the newest version at the top of this page.

lanux128:
thanks justice for making the changes.. :up: i don't mind PutAside hiding windows on start but only later that a toggle will be useful, saves me from closing and opening the program.. :) btw, where is the v1.0 download link?

justice:
I know I am not very consistant with naming scheme lol
0705 stands foor 2007 month 05 which is may 2007 which is 1.0

I'm not really keen about version numbers but I guess I've not found the ideal alternative.
I'll rename the zip to putaside-1.0.zip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version