ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New strange error in Outlook: Find chain survey

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
I find it fun to try out different apps all the time, because I have both the time and the curiousity. Sometimes this will bring me into troubles, sometimes even big troubles... But this one is so far a minor annoyance: Whenever I click a link in the emails I receive, Outlook 2003 will open a box with the headline "Find chain survey" or how the English translation may go; see pic with the Danish text, and imply that I should find some exe file. I will then tell Outlook to disregard this, and the link will open. No big deal, but an annoyance. I have absolutely no idea what caused this little problem - too many new apps installed during one day to understand who is the sinner, [Edit: and I have no idea what a chain survey is]. Can you think of anything, or even better, offer a reasonable solution? 
 :tellme:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Your first suggestions may let me keep my programs, please...   :P

Wordzilla:
Try disabling all Outlook add-ons to isolate the problem.

Tools -> Options -> Other -> Advanced Option   :)

Curt:
Sorry; I should of course have given such an obvious information:   :-[
it is not caused by a plugin for Outlook.

Wordzilla:
Hmm, perhaps "find kaedeoversigt" means "find link browser" in English?

Related links to similar problem feedback:

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Outlook/microsoft.public.outlook.installation/2005-01/0303.html
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-855453.php

Whenever I click a link in the emails I receive, Outlook 2003 will open a box
--- End quote ---

Seems to me that Outlook is no longer able to recognize/find your default browser it uses to open links in email. So I'd recommend you to: -

1. Restore default browser to Internet Explorer

http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#25

HOW TO RECONSTRUCT TO OPEN HYPERLINKS IN OUTLOOK

If you want to open a hyperlink you may receive the following message:
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"
1. Open the INTERNET EXPLORER | TOOLS | INTERNET OPTIONS | PROGRAM | RESET WEB SETTINGS
2. Please verify, that under INTERNET PROGRAMS the correct e-mail program is selected.
3. Click to select the Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser check box
4. When the Internet Explorer starts the next time, it will ask you to be the default browser, please click YES.
--- End quote ---

2. Try again in Outlook to see if problem persists

3. Set the default browser to your favorite browser, I'll bet it's not IE  ;D

Wordzilla:
Possible solution #2 Reset URL Handler

Possible solution #3 IE Registry Fix

* Select Run... from the Start menu.
* Type "iexplore /rereg".
* Click OK.

Possible solution #4 Re-register DLLs

* Select Run... from the Start menu.
* Type "regsvr32 urlmon.dll".
* Click OK.
* Click OK again.
* Repeat the Start | Run... procedure with the following commands in this order, maybe checking after each for returning function: "regsvr32 shdocvw.dll" "regsvr32 mshtml.dll" "regsvr32 browseui.dll"
from about.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version