ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: go to parent folder with double-click

(1/5) > >>

ak_:
Hi, i use FreeCommander all the time and one feature i love about it is that you can go to parent folder by double-clicking whitespace (it even highlights the parent folder which is great). I use this feature so much that i always find myself trying to use it accidentally in every other software (i.e. when opening/saving in Photoshop).

I found a little software that enable this double-clicking thing in every explorer window (that means open/save windows too), but this program also does a lot of other things that i really don't care about and i don't like the idea of having my memory occupied for nothing (i use a laptop with low mem).

So if someone had the possibility and time to think about a program (or AHK script) of this kind, that would be really great.

Thanks.

ak_:
Hmmmm well :) At least, maybe someone could give me hints on how to do such a thing in AHK ? It could be a nice first AHK project ...

justice:
If you want to do this in autohotkey, you'll probably have to set a doubleclick 'hotkey' and check if it's initiated in an explorer class, possibly file open/save dialog. This is not hard to do. A double click is a succession of two clicks within the same window within a specified time, although I would advice to look at the source of some of Skrommel's AHK scripts, because I'm sure he's used one to detect a triple click.

However you also have to check you are not clicking on a folder or file but in empty space, and I am not sure how they are recognised. That will be the tricky part.

ak_:
If you want to do this in autohotkey, you'll probably have to set a doubleclick 'hotkey' and check if it's initiated in an explorer class, possibly file open/save dialog. This is not hard to do. A double click is a succession of two clicks within the same window within a specified time, although I would advice to look at the source of some of Skrommel's AHK scripts, because I'm sure he's used one to detect a triple click.-justice (May 25, 2007, 04:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, i'll try to find how to detect double-click.

However you also have to check you are not clicking on a folder or file but in empty space, and I am not sure how they are recognised. That will be the tricky part.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, that's what i was thinking, i'm a total newbie so i have no idea how to do that ...

justice:
You might be able to get the value that is selected after the first click.
if that is empty then obviously nothing is selected and the ahk can go to the parent folder.

But for that you always need to know what folder you are in as well. It is unlikely that running cd.. would work.

So because of the explorer interaction adding this in a AHK script will be not trivial. Maybe someone else can give pointers or forum links to help you further.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version