Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 23, 2014, 03:05:29 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wirekeys on giveaway of the day  (Read 3459 times)
iphigenie
Supporting Member

curiosity FTW!

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 18, 2007, 03:53:27 AM »

I am a registered user of wirekeys. I use it for some hotkey automation, a minimalistic clipboard history, clipboard clean up and sorting, right click menu customiser, process killer...

It is another one of those automation / macro / text tool which comes with a lot of features. It is a bit quirky to set up (to me - I dont use 10% of its features cause I haven't found them yet...) but is very versatile and powerful and certainly worth a try and download.
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »

It is a bit quirky to set up (to me - I dont use 10% of its features cause I haven't found them yet...) ...

I had it for free - thank you, WiredPlane! - but I am glad I didn't pay for it. It will take me quite some time to figure out how to use this little app in a more effecient way than I so far have managed. I was forced to start out with disabling almost every hotkey, as some of them collided with other apps with a lot of hotkeys, so it is kind of a little nightmare to understand which hotkeys to use or not, and to understand what program is causing what.

However, I like two of the plugins a lot: 'Taskbar extender' and 'Useless Start Button'.
Actually these two plugins are all I use for now; so far I don't use Wirekeys itself at all..

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 04:40:50 PM by Curt » Logged
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 06:38:37 AM »

looks similar to Autohotkey but may interest some of the DC'ers here.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/wirekeys-367/

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 11:19:58 AM »

I am still using only a fraction of WireKeys' features, but I dare to recommend it out loud: I am VERY satisfied with my WireKeys, and I didn't stop to think before updating via today's giveaway.  thumbs up
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 12:13:15 PM »

Looks really interesting - the interface, however, looks madly over complicated!

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 10:00:33 PM »

wow, this app is certainly packed with features. just check out the menu that appears when i right-click on a window's close button. but 1st must find the way to disable the default hotkeys, one of which takes over Farr's 'Pause' key.

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 07:59:50 AM »

- yes, I disabled 99% of the hotkeys!
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 08:34:53 AM »

luckily, there is an option called "extended hotkey processing" which i duly turned off to restore the hotkey to Farr, even though WireKeys protested a bit. in hindsight, maybe the developer should have allowed more room to manoeuvre since users of these type of programs would be savvy enough to assign a few hotkeys already in their system.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.08 ]