ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Feature Idea: Profiles

(1/3) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Two requests:

1) Is it possible for the configuartion app to force the tray app to reload its configuration file? One possible way this could be implemented is for the config file to be monitored and when configuration changes are OKed a flag in the ini file is read by the tray app and reset as it loads the new config.

2) Another possible solution/enhancement is allowing profiles to be loaded (ie. different ini files). I find that invariably the one process I want to be working at full steam is the one that gets slowed down! Consequently I end up with loads of processes set to ignore, which defeats the purpose. If I could have eg. a CD buring profile that suppresses CPU usage for everything other than Nero then I could carry on doing things while Nero gets on without disruption ...

mouser:
#1 is actually exactly how it works.

#2 i can implement and seems like a good idea - i will do it. i'll add a menu to the tray that lets you easily switch between configuration files.

Carol Haynes:
#1 didn't work when I added an exteral utility. I had to shut down and reload the tray icon.

#2 Great

mouser:
i'll check into it, maybe it doesnt force a reload on external tool change.

Carol Haynes:
It doesn't seem to update the 'Double click tray' setting either.

Also I had an 'Access Violation' error today when I deleted a rule ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version