topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 25, 2024, 8:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TweakUAC - a freeware for Vista users  (Read 7423 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
TweakUAC - a freeware for Vista users
« on: May 18, 2007, 01:22 AM »
for all Windows Vista users, introducing TweakUAC.. i think this program will be useful in situations like this..

What is TweakUAC?

TweakUAC(TM) is a free software tool that you can use to quickly turn UAC (User Account Control of Windows Vista) on or off, or to make UAC operate in the quiet mode

ws-TweakUAC-main.png
http://www.tweak-uac.com

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TweakUAC - a freeware for Vista users
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 11:55 AM »
Any idea to how I can make this program run at each start, but with no questions asked?

My (girl)-friend is annoyed that her Vista is asking her all sorts of questions she doesn't know how to answer, and wants me to remove this frustrating User Account Control. I would expect a shortcut in Start to TweakUAC would do half the trick, but it too will create pop ups when loaded, and so we can go on, can't we. She wants to get rid of all those meaningless warnings and questions. She is on a Dell laptop. What to do, please (beside getting her down)?

The answer may have been posted somewhere else on DC, but because I don't have Vista myself (XP), I have not been paying close attention to Vista related threads, and I don't know anything about Vista or UAC myself.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TweakUAC - a freeware for Vista users
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 12:26 PM »
Okay, I finally managed to find it.

I think it is VERY strange to operate a Vista, when coming strait from XP.