ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Web Mail Recommendation?

<< < (5/9) > >>

iphigenie:
Another way to look at it is what other toys come with each account

One of the possible advantages of a yahoo account is that you automatically also have a my yahoo page, a blog if you want it, messenger, yahoo groups etc.

One of the possible advantages of gmail is that you also get the calendar and possibly the new personalised search and search notebook etc.

Mark0:
Gmail integrate also the Google Talk IM (Jabber based) right in the browser, with the conversations logs that become like mail threads, and equally searcheable. Going from mail message to IM and back is very handy.

hpearce:
I would recommend you look at BLUEBOTTLE https://mail.bluebottle.com/index.php

It has "spam protection" by forcing all senders to re-certify they sent the email ... these emails stay in the PENDING box until certified by the sender OR accepted by you.

It is free (the freemail version) and has POP abilities.

dantheman:
Here's the way i see my Yahoo.ca account:

1st click to enter p.w. (often forgotten even if they say it is remembered for a few weeks);
2nd click to get to mail.
3rd click to get to inbox.
4th click to read message.

One click to enter GMail (which always remembered) and then another to whatever message i please.
That's two clicks to two too many for Yahoowooo!!!

Antispam is awful compared to GMail.
I have a Yahoo account with which i've sent only a couple of emails and i get spammed with a few messages everyday inbox and spam box (that last one's okay).

I also have a GMail account with which i've sent hundreds of messages.
Only the occasional (twice?) spam message hit the inbox.
A few have gone to the spam box.

If you go to www.emailaddresses.com's forum you'll see that most people attest to GMail incredible spam protection.

cmpm:
well, i only have to click twice, then inbox
but gmail sounds interesting

i don't get much spam
only if i send an email to the wrong place
which i have been dumb enough to do

but i can always make a new yahoo account
import my contacts from messenger and inform them

what is required to sign up for gmail?
what do they want to know?

Navigation

[0] Message Index