ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Web Mail Recommendation?

<< < (6/9) > >>

dantheman:
well, i only have to click twice, then inbox
but gmail sounds interesting

i don't get much spam
only if i send an email to the wrong place
which i have been dumb enough to do

but i can always make a new yahoo account
import my contacts from messenger and inform them

what is required to sign up for gmail?
what do they want to know?
-cmpm (May 18, 2007, 11:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

No email service is perfect and i guess it's all about how you feel for it (like your favourite browser or car or pizza) but i really do like GMail's conversation view.

As hpierce mentioned previously, Bluebottle is pretty good too but when you have almost 3G's of space for free, i think you kind of prefer that to a smaller 250mg.

Enough said on my part for GMail. Wish you the best and most comfortable choice cmpm!

;)

dk70:
When signed up for Gmail you get a Google account and access to most of their services https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount will let you modify settings, see what you have joined etc. I think you will automatically join iGoogle, the personalized homepage - not sure. But if so next time you go to www.google.com you will see an iGoogle menu item at top. Other services you must log in to. One of the nice things about Google is this ease of use. Gmail account is key to all the goodies and probably why they it is generous with features. Selling Gmail is also selling Google but you can just ignore anything but Gmail if you wish.

More or less also goes for Yahoo, MS I guess but really tight integration at Google, no reason to feel trapped.

cmpm:
Yeah, I'm a Google account participant.
I have the notebook and docs and spreadsheets so I added Gmail.
It is an easier account to access.
And as iphigenie said yahoo adds a blog and more.
I'm sure google does too though.
And Yahoo is 1gb not 250 mb.
Either way, google or yahoo I doubt if I'd ever use that much space.

cmpm:
No way to set Google as default E-mail as far as I can tell so far but I haven't looked into it deeply yet.

For instance I can right click anything on my computer and send to e-mail recepient with yahoo.
Don't know if Gmail has that interface yet.

lanux128:
there is this option in the notifier.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version