ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Dialog Extender

Consistent favourite folder access- wow- that was hard! Office->Directory Opus

<< < (3/3)

dalchina:
Hi Tomos, yep, already checked that- a DOpus staff member suggested it, but the non-response to middle click is now an admitted omission in DOpus by comparison with explorer. They may consider looking at it.

vixay:
...A year or two back I started here, and have used Filebox Extender. But hey, it doesn't work with Wordpad or Foxit Reader - no extra buttons. ...
-dalchina (August 01, 2007, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

but works well with the shorctut keys no problem!
so for the keyboard savvy people, FBE is still a great choice!

dalchina:
Hi Vixay, On my PC (XP Pro), FileBox Extender does absolutely nothing with the open dialogue boxes for Wordpad, Notepad or Foxit Reader. (I just tried the 'save as' box for Wordpad too).

To be very specific:
a. There is neither a Favorites or Recent Folders  FileBox Extender button on these dialogs.  :down:
b. There is nil response to a 'hot key' from FileBox Extender in these cases. (That only seems to work when the button is also displayed).  :down:
c. The rollup and 'on top' buttons can be displayed.

If you are seeing something different, do tell me / us!

I'm afraid it's not simply a question of being or not being keyboard savvy- it just does zilch in these cases (for me).

By comparison
Chameleon Folder's menu can be invoked in the open dialogue boxes for Wordpad, Notepad or Foxit Reader by
a. middle click in the box
b. right click on the ? button
c. a hot key.  ;D

The main one it's not so good at integrating with is Directory Opus.  :-[

David L.

vixay:
Hi Vixay, On my PC (XP Pro), FileBox Extender does absolutely nothing with the open dialogue boxes for Wordpad, Notepad or Foxit Reader. (I just tried the 'save as' box for Wordpad too).

To be very specific:
a. There is neither a Favorites or Recent Folders  FileBox Extender button on these dialogs.  :down:
b. There is nil response to a 'hot key' from FileBox Extender in these cases. (That only seems to work when the button is also displayed).  :down:
c. The rollup and 'on top' buttons can be displayed.

If you are seeing something different, do tell me / us!

I'm afraid it's not simply a question of being or not being keyboard savvy- it just does zilch in these cases (for me).

...[snip]...

The main one it's not so good at integrating with is Directory Opus.  :-[

David L.
-dalchina (August 14, 2007, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

a) Correct. I don't see icons either, that's coz i'm using windowblinds... so i don't mind
b) Works for me. See attached screenshots.
c) didn't bother to check, don't use em.

Clicking on any of those menus, works for me, no problem. It changes to the correct folder.
I'm using WinXP Home... (pro should be the same).

I'm just trying to inform other users the FBE might still be a viable option for them. Since in my use i haven't had any problems with it so far. I mainly use it to change folders in dialog boxes, and windows... in dopus i use dopus itself (or just have lots of tabs open!) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version