topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:24 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Direct Folders - nice features / repeated crashes  (Read 8543 times)

BooBarkee

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Direct Folders - nice features / repeated crashes
« on: May 17, 2007, 11:37 AM »
 :up: Direct Folders has some good features. In particular, making use of double click on empty desktop or explorer space is handy.

What other utilities utilize this?

:down: My licensed copy frequently crashes from stack overflow. Finally just uninstalled it.
 :down: No response from Code Sector when i've reported the problem.

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
Re: Direct Folders - nice features / repeated crashes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 04:14 PM »
heheh, yeah, and the debugger the author uses isn't even a registered copy.  :D >:( :(

I know how you feel. Let's find out where this guy lives and toilet paper his house.

You can use the double click function with QT TabBar which is freeware. When using QT TabBar, make sure you right click on your taskbar, select Toolbars, and check QT Tab Desktop Tool to enable this.
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:20 PM by Nighted »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 04:42 PM »
You guys have inspired me to remove the licensed copy from my wife's notebook as well. She never uses its features anyway and why keep it lurking on her system if there's a chance that it will gum things up for her?

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 04:44 PM »
heheh, yeah, and the debugger the author uses isn't even a registered copy.  :D >:( :(

I know how you feel. Let's find out where this guy lives and toilet paper his house.

Code Sector / Infinisource Inc.
PMB 447, 3 Monroe Parkway, Suite P
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
USA

Interesting, on a whim I typed in www.infinisource.com and got a frontend that included a link to RoseCitySoftware where I read:

Rose City Software, the software division of InfiniSource.com...

They market RegistryFirstAid and other apps. I got pissed off about being asked to pay to upgrade RFA every six months - never really liked it that much anyway (though people swear by it), and shy away from all registry cleaners now... Anyway, I wonder if there is some way to get some satisfaction WRT DirectFolders through RoseCity? They're a big concern and list Audiosliders on their software page, though I coudn't find DirectFolders...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:52 PM by Darwin »