(Maybe the below should be in a separate thread, but these things was discussed here so...)
Some small ideas on speeding up alias set up in FARR for users (I'm just brainstorming, not sure if all of them would work well together):
1. when opening options, let lists > aliases > myaliases.alias have focus
2. on the lists > aliases page, add a big button named "new alias" (or "make new alias")
3. also add that button to the options root view (the one which now is a large grey area with the text "choose one of the sub-pages...")
4. hide the text "test regular expression here:" and "regex parsed fields:" and their related input boxes until the user actually enters something into the "regular expression pattern" box. That would make the new alias screen less complex for a beginner (who probably will start out making non-regex aliases)
5. above the big bottom Result(s) input box, maybe add a dropdown that contains some common commands and also keeps a list of the special modifier the user has created. Selecting a command/modifier would insert it at the cursor position in the big box.
6. make the word "help" in "see help for more info" a link that opens the help file (the part of it describing alias creation).
7. maybe decrease the width of the "group alias name" box (smaller boxes makes the interface look less cluttered I think.
8. maybe make "Example" into a link that for each click cycles to another example that illustrates different types of result(s) commands.