ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Another FARR similar app - Executor

<< < (6/8) > >>

MilesAhead:
For a long time I used SlickRun.  What killed it for me though, is you pretty much had to create an alias to do anything other than open a folder.  I'll have to look at Executor out of curiosity.

btw Mouser I'm glad you did the videos for FARR and ScreenShot Captor.  When I open options for a utility and see this giant tree structure, then I tend to think "show me how to do the main function because I don't want to spend a week figuring out how to change a setting in this thing."  SlickRun wasn't very good about hooking into other stuff.  I guess it's a balance how much coupling to have between utilities.  With too much, then if one thing breaks, your whole methodology of working goes on hold.  With too little, you are manually cutting and pasting etc.. a trade-off as in most things engineering.

d4ni:
As someone who is not a geeky type I like the fact that it is easy to use and the killer for me is that it uses much less memory than the others. The way i have FARR set up it sits in the tray and uses 2mb! executor uses 5.5
-delwoode (August 23, 2009, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
So you're not the geeky type but the biggest advantage of FARR over other tools is that it uses a whopping 3.5 MB less memory? You do realize you most likely have about 1000+ MB at your disposal? Don't get me wrong it's nice when an app uses little RAM but 2 MB vs 5.5 MB doesn't make any difference (yes more than double but it's 3.5 MB for crying out loud).

CleverCat:
I'm sticking with FARR!

One thing I would like is a customizable background - bit it's not a must... ;)

skajfes:
..snip..
Don't get me wrong it's nice when an app uses little RAM but 2 MB vs 5.5 MB doesn't make any difference (yes more than double but it's 3.5 MB for crying out loud).
-d4ni (August 23, 2009, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, any free RAM is wasted RAM. My FARR uses about 50 MB and I really don't give a damn about it, as long as it runs fast and reliable :)

delwoode:
As someone who is not a geeky type I like the fact that it is easy to use and the killer for me is that it uses much less memory than the others. The way i have FARR set up it sits in the tray and uses 2mb! executor uses 5.5
-delwoode (August 23, 2009, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
So you're not the geeky type but the biggest advantage of FARR over other tools is that it uses a whopping 3.5 MB less memory? You do realize you most likely have about 1000+ MB at your disposal? Don't get me wrong it's nice when an app uses little RAM but 2 MB vs 5.5 MB doesn't make any difference (yes more than double but it's 3.5 MB for crying out loud).
-d4ni (August 23, 2009, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

It wasnt the only reason. But all the others i tried used more memory, executor used 5.5 at the lowest.  Yes it doesnt seem much does it, but when you have about a dozen apps running it can add up before you realize.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version