topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:22 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: sigh! ..and now the Outlooks won't Send  (Read 3285 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
sigh! ..and now the Outlooks won't Send
« on: May 17, 2007, 08:11 AM »
Sigh! When will I stop playing around!? I did this and that and so on and on, but I know I didn't touch my mail clients or any of their plugins. NeverTheLess Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express 2002 suddenly won't send. They are both added to Trusted in the firewall. All programs are connecting to the Internet, and I can upload pictures, and both mail clients can receive mail, but not send. What can possibly be wrong?

OutlookSend.png

:tellme:

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: sigh! ..and now the Outlooks won't Send
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:24 AM »
Proxies? turned off some kind of anti-virus setting? anti-spam?

or....
You receive a "Socket error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800ccc0e" error message when you try to send or receive e-mail in Outlook or in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191687
CAUSE
The client connects to a port that is blocked or unavailable on the mail server. If the client is trying to send a message, the blocked port is 25, and if the client is trying to retrieve a message, the blocked port is 110. Refer to the error message for the protocol and port numbers.

So it looks like SSL is not accepting your connection in this case.

Rapmaster
12-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Are you using some software called Msgtag?? (it claims to allow you see when recepients have read your messages)

http://www.msgtag.com/support/oe/

It looks like your system is set up to relay messages to this program.

Perhaps you have removed the program, or you ran a spyware scanner that removed it?
http://discussions.v...ex.php/t-151850.html
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 09:27 AM by justice »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:35 AM »
Your email client is sending (via SMTP) to localhost port 7362.  Normally it would send to your ISP's SMTP server (such as mail.comcast.net for me) on port 25.

It's likely that some software (as justice said - antivirus or msgtag or something) has set up the client so that the mail gets sent to it first, then it would pass the email on to the real SMTP server.   Apparently that 'filtering' software is not running.

You can go into Outlook's (or Outlook Express') email account configuration and change the SMTP server settings to use your ISP's SMTP server on port 25, or make sure whatever software is supposed to be filtering your sent email is running.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:36 AM »
[Edit: It was "smtp.mail.dk" that had been changed into 'localserver'.
Problem solved.

Thanks a lot for your inputs!]

original post:

I tried Msgtag and it blocked sending, too, but I removed it yesterday and both Outlooks were again sending as normal. This new error may have to do with proxys; I don't know. I will have to figure out what proxy is, and how the proxy settings should have been altered; I didn't change any email client settings. Can fiddling with Internet browsers change proxy settings for the email clients?

:tellme:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 09:48 AM by Curt »