ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Word Processor Roundup

Missing in Part 2...

(1/2) > >>

noutters:
The testing and review of word processors is a very tedious work. Such reviews are, unfortunately, too few on the web.

I regret not to see in the review of word processors - Part 2 - the excellent Adobe FrameMaker  :-*. This is a rock-stable processor I used to write my research thesis that integrates perfectly with other Adobe tools and very friendly when sending even huge documents to a desktop printer or an industrial press factory  :Thmbsup:
May be a price tag of about 800USD puts it out of the league of the word processors we heard of?

iphigenie:
It hadnt had an update in a long time, something which is now corrected. That should get it more exposure again.

But when I think of it I would classify Framemaker as a publishing tool more than a wordprocessor - i.e. more likely to be reviewed alongside pagemaker and quark than Word and Wordperfect....

Darwin:
Has part 2 of the roundup been posted? I've looked and still see part 1 available only... I'm eagerly awaiting the next two installments! Go Zaine, go!

urlwolf:
why oh why none of the reviewed word processors offers tabs?
Is it that difficult to do? All text editors have'em...

Please post here if you know a way to get tabs with any word processor...

Darwin:
WordToys will add tabs to MS Word. Unfortunately, its website, along with its developer have disappeared for the moment. Google it and you should be able to find a download. There are both free and shareware versions; either will give you tabs (and they're both derived from the same download).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version