ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox

<< < (2/9) > >>

Grorgy:
Auto update can do both firefox and your extensions/themes.  Its under tools, options, advanced, update.

cthorpe:
Right now I have the following Add Ons installed

del.icio.us Bookmarks
DOM Inspector
Firebug
MinimizeToTray
No Squint
Speed Dial
Stop-or-Reload Button
Tab Mix Plus
Tiny Menu
Web Developer

justice:
The main reason for the switch back was that I think Firefox is more useful for web research with integration with notetaking tools, delicious tagging, etc. -cthorpe (May 16, 2007, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Firefox
Firefox

Come back ;)

cthorpe:
Sorry, the built in notes and delicious bookmarklets can't hold a candle to Firefox's extensions and the ability to integrate external programs with it.

For example, clicking the delicious bookmarklet in Opera lets you tag the link and send it to delicious.  In Firefox, the box offers suggested tags based on your tags as well as tags given to the page by other users:

Also, you can get a delicious menu that lets you go to your tagged sites with ease.

As for Opera's notes, the biggest problem is that they don't retain formatting.  In fact, copying text from Opera always results in unformatted text.  Even if you could copy formatted text into the notes, being able to integrate programs such as Evernote or Surfulator with Firefox is wonderful.

Grorgy:
Ohh dear i have over 30 firefox extionsions  :-[, and i weeded them recently  ;D fortunatley there is FEBE and CLEO to back them up (also backs up other stuff like cookies and user chrome etc, and the blurb says it will back up almost anything you want, but ive never tried to do other stuff than what is in there by default)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version