ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

v1.07.02 beta - with regular expression commands

<< < (2/8) > >>

kfitting:
Well, actually I meant constrain searches within certain folders.  This way, by typing an alias, I could constrain my search to all excel files in C:\Windows (or lower). 

As far as searching for folder names, it's not a bad idea... except you are already using \ for numbers... how is that going to work?

Kevin

mouser:
different issues here.

"modifiers": where you will type a word and have it restrict searching to certain folders or scores associated with that modifier word.
not implemented yet but coming very soon (as you can see i'm working my way through v2 features).

the \ i was alking about in this case the \ is in the alias results list not typed in search window.

but this still brings up yet the 3rd issue, specifying actual folder anem patterns in the search field as you type,
either for searching *for* folders, or restricting matches to files in certain named folders.

we still need to solve this issue.

as you say we use the \ currently for digits.

one solution would be to have an optional "expandable" panel, like currently there is just the one edit line for typing in search.  we could put an arrow next to it (and hotkey) that would let it drop down and expand the search panel a couple of lines where there would be a field for Folder restriction keywords and maybe other stuff.

another solution would be keep just 1 search edit and use \ for folder restrictions and figure out something else for digits..

the drop down panel has lots of advantages in terms of adding stuff in the future, but seems somewhat counter the general approach of f&r.

mouser:
regarding the focus issue - do you use the system tray helper to run f&r or the main application mode or do you launch the program manually each time?

nontroppo:
I tested my quick / full regex and it works fine:

g(oogle|) (.+)

this means you can type either "g test words" or "google test words" if you are lazy or not! Great mouser!

Also <enter> for single item lists (which regex aliases can end up) works, though I'd still rather allow <enter> the option of triggering the first item in the list regardless of list number.

I can't get <ALT+#> to work, though <CTRL+#> works fine, and key triggered context menu's really are great!

I can confirm kfitting's focus behaviour, though to me it seems an offshoot of wanted behaviour. I want to be able to press <pause> then if I change my mind press <pause> again to close FARR quickly without moving over to <esc>. This means when FARR loses focus but not state it will first close, then open again thus requiring two presses. Maybe this behaviour can depend on whether it has focus or not?

A small point to mouser: when run as full mode in the tray, there is no task button in taskbar, though when you press <pause> a task button appears briefly only to disappear again; can you make this task button never appear to stop this flash?

nontroppo:
Also, a small feature request: how about some way to export and import these new fancy alias groups, that would make sharing our searches much easier...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version