ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

v1.07.02 beta - with regular expression commands

(1/8) > >>

mouser:
ok, this is kind of a big deal.

an early beta of F&R with support for regular expression commands in aliases is now available for testing.  expect it to not work perfectly :)
i'd love to hear if anyone configures anything nice.

https://www.donationcoder.com/Beta/FindAndRunRobot.exe

heres an example of how you might use such a thing.  i set up an alias to do web searches of either google or google groups, as i choose:

mouser:
note, i know the help files of F&R and Screenshot Captor are starting to really need updating, i'll try to get around to it soon.
youll notice that in addition to regular expression matching you can now use a | in alias result entries to specify the "nice" label that gets displayed in results.  you can do this whether you use regular expressions or not.

in the results view you can also single click to see that actual url or exe command before launching.

i also added the following shortcut key combinations:
Ctrl+# (show shell context menu)
Alt+# (show f&r right-click menu)
Ctrl+Alt+# (launch and stay open) 

kfitting:
Just downloaded to start testing... two real quick "bugs" (nothing to do with regex!):

- Despite your screenshot, the OK and Cancel buttons are slightly cut off in the version I downloaded.
- Secondly, if I open FindRun by hitting the pause break key, then put the focus on another window, I have to hit the pause/break key twice.  Alt-Tab does not bring FindRun up while its in the limbo state.  (I have focus control set to regain focus only after launching apps)

Will try to test and see if anything else jumps out.

Kevin

kfitting:
Is there a command to specify folders implemented yet?  If so how would one use it?  If not, no worries!

Kevin

mouser:
you mean if you want a result to be just a folder that when selected opens up file explorer to that directory location?
you can't do it yet but i'd be happy to add it, let's say if it sees a \ at end of entry it means a folder?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version