ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Bits du jour/UltraRecall discount approx 60%

(1/3) > >>

JeffK:
Bits du Jour discount for today 15 May is UltraRecall.  Standard version is reduced from $49.00 to $19.00 and Pro version from $99.00 to $39.00.

UltraRecall is a sophisticated note taking and document/image/webpage database with a tonne of functionality and power.  I recommend it and the above discounts are really substantial.  It has only recently been upgraded to Version 3.  If I didn't already have it I would be jumping up and down for joy.

www.kinook.com or www.ultrarecall.com

Regards,

Jeff

edbro:
Hmmm, that's tempting. You are obviously a user and fan, can you tell me what this offers more than Evernote does for free? From the screenshots I do like the layout of UR better.

Do you keep all your docs and info in a single database? Are there any limitations on database size?

I realize there is already a multi-page thread on document management here in the DC forums. My problem is that I have tried many different doc managment solutions from Keynote, to individual files indexed with a desktop search engine, to Evernote. I'm always looking for something better but sooner or later I need to just settle on something and be done with it.

I see that the Pro version says it is USB capable. Are there any limitations to running it off a USB drive? Is it truly portable, not relying on the host machine's registry?

tinjaw:
Is there anybody who has used both myBase and UltraRecall and can do a quicky cage match before the BdJ runs out? In the mean time, I am going to search through the note taker review and the forum thread.

patteo:
Bits du Jour discount for today 15 May is UltraRecall.  Standard version is reduced from $49.00 to $19.00 and Pro version from $99.00 to $39.00.

UltraRecall is a sophisticated note taking and document/image/webpage database with a tonne of functionality and power.  I recommend it and the above discounts are really substantial.  It has only recently been upgraded to Version 3.  If I didn't already have it I would be jumping up and down for joy.

www.kinook.com or www.ultrarecall.com

Regards,

Jeff
-JeffK (May 15, 2007, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the heads up.

I looked at Ultra Recall while it was in version 1 and one of the things that stopped me was its price.

But now that it is in version 3, and with the discount, I'm tempted to quickly look at it again.

One of the things going in its favor is the active forum
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?s=d44038d5927a594a2b8f7f79a7f6adf8&forumid=22

I'm (was) long time Ecco Pro user and ever since Ecco Pro died because it could not compete with a free Outlook, I have been longing for a replacement to Ecco. I still use Ecco although I do not really want to enter more info into it since it has been out of development for so long.

Any ex-Ecco user who is using Ultra Recall like to chime in on how good Ultra Recall is relative to Ecco Pro ? Ecco is really in a class of it's own even after so many years of no development.

superboyac:
Is there anybody who has used both myBase and UltraRecall and can do a quicky cage match before the BdJ runs out? In the mean time, I am going to search through the note taker review and the forum thread.
-tinjaw (May 15, 2007, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I did mention in briefly in my notetaking thread:
Another EATKS software.  Actually, I don't think Ultra Recall is as inclusive as other EATKS software, but it's still way too much for a simple notetaker.  Besides, it doesn't offer any unique or special features in the notetaking category.
--- End quote ---
To me, UltraRecall just didn't seem to offer anything all that interesting.  Sure, it's a decent notetaker, but so are a lot of the other notetakers.  It claims to be fast, but it's not as fast as  mybase.  That doesn't mean it's slow, it's just not as fast as mybase, which is pretty lightweight.

I'm going to install it now and check it out again.  I'll write back later with more fresh details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version