ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

KatMouse Query

(1/4) > >>

tomos:
I know there's a few people here who use KatMouse

Purpose

The prime purpose of the KatMouse utility is to enhance the functionality of mice with a scroll wheel, offering 'universal' scrolling: moving the mouse wheel will scroll the window directly beneath the mouse cursor (not the one with the keyboard focus, which is default on Windows OSes). This is a major increase in the usefullness of the mouse wheel.I'm trying it out & like it a lot

BUT
I got rid of the try icon
(I believe that was an option in properties if i remember correctly)

& now
I cant seem to find how to get it back, or, more importantly how to get to properties.

Any ideas there?

I have wrote the author but am an impatient geezer so thought I'd ask here  :D
thanks,
tom

lanux128:
just double-click on the exe again while KatMouse is running and the option windows will pop-up.. :)

tomos:
Thanks Lanux  :)

Katmouse seems to be generally very good but didnt work with Qimage, a programme I'm trying out for printing photos.
In fact it stopped it from scrolling at all
So now I have it on KatMouse's ignore list.

Very handy  :up:

Curt:
Sounds as if it is a fine program. I am not going to try it, because I like my 'click mouse wheel to auto-scroll' feature in Volumouse a lot. When you have finished trying this KatMouse you really should try out Volumose as well. It too has options for focus on various windows and programs. [Bummer again, Curt: That feature came from another app. Volumouse has a very different kind of focus activation]

The old Volumouse is now being launched in two all new (32 or 64 bits, Vista ready) beta versions!

Volumouse Beta Release Notes:

Volumouse now works under Windows Vista (both 32-bit and x64 versions)
Under Vista, there is no default mixer device anymore, but you can select the default playback and recording device in the component combo-box.

Under Vista, You can select more 6 channels, in addition to the 2 standard left and right channels.

Under Vista, changing the master volume doesn't affect the default left/right balance, as in the previous version of Windows.

In the x64 version, Volumouse only works when the focused application is 64-bit. When you work with 32-bit application under Windows x64, Volumouse doesn't receive the wheel events.

All default settings are now saved into .cfg file instead of the Registry.

The new config file is not compatible with the config file created by the previous versions of Volumouse.

Added new options to "Use the wheel when" combo-box: Windows Media Center is focused, iTunes is focused, Mouse cursor is over the Vista Gadgets.

Added additional rule line (6 instead of 5 in previous versions...)
--- End quote ---

Stable: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/volumouse.html
  :-*
Beta: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/volumouse_beta.html

TucknDar:
Sounds as if it is a fine program. I am not going to try it, because I like my 'click mouse wheel to auto-scroll' feature in Volumouse a lot. When you have finished trying this KatMouse you really should try out Volumose as well. It too has options for focus on various windows and programs.-Curt (May 15, 2007, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Really? Then it has a poor readme, 'cause I couldn't find anything about that in it.

I read it again, before posting this, and there isn't any indication that it controls "focus on various windows and programs." Maybe it's just one of those good bugs  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version