ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Faststone Image Capture now Shareware

<< < (4/8) > >>

justice:
Mouser makes more than one of my favourite programs + I  :-* this place so I will give Screenshot Captor another try!

dhuser:
I just found out yesterday. I re-downloaded the freeware version at Download.com. I do not see many enchancements (for me, at least) over the previous version.

If you are still looking for the freeware version, search CNET's Download.com for FastStone Capture, and see where it shows license: it should say Free. Edit- link: http://www.download.com/FastStone-Capture/3000-2192_4-10645361.html?tag=lst-0-1

Of course, I will usually use Screenshot Captor :)

dhuser

(Edit made- Latest freeware version link: http://www.download.com/FastStone-Capture/3000-2192_4-10645361.html?tag=lst-0-1)

Curt:
I am certain Screenshot Captor is a fine (and free) program, maybe The Finest. But that is not always enough, is it. FastStone Capture is easier to figure out how to use (and this without an IT-English dictionary), and has this brilliant integration with the Image Viewer - which is also an image editor. This gives a very fast result. I am really glad I installed FastStone only the day before it became shareware!

Lashiec:
 :wallbash:

CRAP! I was using this program instead of this Screenshot Captor thing you rave about ;D. Three options now: buy, keep the old version, or look for another alternative.

I find curious that he didn't make Image Viewer shareware.

mrainey:
I donated to FastStone a couple of times, because my wife and I were making heavy use of their programs.  Both times, the developer sent a warm note of thanks.  The second time he sent a complimentary license for Image Viewer (already freeware, but what the heck).

I think it's likely that not enough people were chipping in for what are some very nice programs.  A man has to eat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version